Check out the most clicked links in Ironclad’s March Community Newsletter. Want to access 100% of the content? Subscribe here.
Life in Law: GC Magazine Profiles Ironclad’s GC Chris Young
For a general counsel position at any major company, a continued commitment to law is generally requisite. Chance took Ironclad General Counsel Chris Young from basketball to a key role in Barack Obama’s presidential campaign, in preparation for GC stints at two venture-backed tech upstarts. Read about his journey here.
Event Recap: To Kill a Patent Troll
On Thursday, March 14th, members of our community gathered for Rooftop Law School: To Kill a Patent Troll. Thank you to Kenneth Carter (GC, Bitmovin), Alex Krivit (Legal, Cloudflare), Robert Jain (IP Attorney, Unified Patents), and Alex Moss (Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation), for participating in this lively discussion on the strategies companies and consumers can stand up to patent trolls.
- Kenneth Carter, GC at Bitmovin, shares his thoughts on how to improve the NDAs for everyone here.
- Congrats! The Bay Area Corporate Counsel Awards have recognized Autodesk’s director of global privacy and data security, Alexandra Ross, for her outstanding work in privacy.
- On the move: Congrats to Whitney Beard on joining Netflix as Counsel for Legal and Business Affairs and Fatima Nadine Khan on joining Okta as Sr. Corporate Counsel, Product and Privacy.
Jobs From Our Community
Have an open role on your team? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll publish it in our next newsletter. Friends of Ironclad are hiring for the following roles:
- AngelList is hiring for a Legal Counsel to manage their portfolio of early-stage investments. *NEW*
- Autodesk is hiring for a Legal Operations Associate, Project Manager.
- Away is looking for a Legal Operations Manager to help build the Legal team’s structure to support the company at scale. *NEW*
- Flatiron Health, an oncology-focused electronic health records company, is hiring for two roles: Corporate Counsel, Research, and Corporate/Sr. Corporate Counsel, International. *NEW*
- Impossible Foods, a company that develops plant-based substitutes for meat and dairy products is hiring for a Legal Operations Manager. *NEW*
- Scratch is hiring a Legal Operations Specialist. *NEW*
- Taulia, a company that delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health, is hiring for a Senior Legal Counsel, EMEA. *NEW*
- And more!
Want more? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
More about Ironclad
Ironclad is the leading digital contracting platform for legal teams. By streamlining contract workflows, from creation and approvals to compliance and insights, Ironclad frees legal to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. Ironclad is used by modern General Counsels and their teams at companies like Dropbox, AppDynamics and Fitbit to unlock the power of their contracts data. Ironclad was named one of the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world. The company is backed by investors like Accel, Sequoia, Y Combinator and Emergence Capital. To learn more, visit our homepage.
More stories from our team.