Check out the most clicked links in Ironclad’s August Community Newsletter Legal Matters. Want to access 100% of the content? Subscribe here.
Community Member Spotlight: Greg Kondritz, VP and General Counsel, Houston Texans
Today we’re shining a light on community member Greg Kondritz, vice president and general counsel of the NFL team the Houston Texans.
Hear how the role of in-house counsel for a professional sports franchise means playing offense, defense and special teams, and how the Texans are moving forward in the new normal. Read more.
From the GC: In-House Counsel — More Than Just a Legal Advisor
“The verdict is in… CEOs want more than a legal advisor, they want a strategic partner,” says Lisa Lang, General Counsel at Kentucky State University. Learn how she changed her mindset to become more strategic as an in-house lawyer.
Do Gooders and Dealmakers
On the move: Katie Biber joins Brex as its Chief Legal Officer and Vince Cogan will lead as Brex’s Head of Government and Regulatory Affairs. Want to join their team? They’re hiring! Scroll down to our Jobs section to view the opportunity.
Do-gooders: In-house counsel from companies like Caastle, TaskRabbit, Vanguard and Turo are volunteering their time for the Pay It Forward Initiative to mentor black attorneys of all ages and experience levels. Sign up here.
Dealmakers: Congrats to GC Ryan Loh, whose company Bolt, a retail checkout technology platform, raised $50M in new funding.
Jobs From Our Community
Have an open role on your team? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll publish it in our next newsletter. Friends of Ironclad are hiring for the following roles:
- Brex, a financial service and technology company, is hiring for a number of roles including Senior Product Counsel and Assistant General Counsel in San Francisco, CA, and Assistant General Counsel in New York City, NY.
- Brightloom, an automation technology, is hiring for a Senior Counsel to help its GC build scalable and effective legal process (Remote).
- Canva, a graphic design platform, is looking for a Senior Commercial Contracts Counsel to serve as its first US based counsel, taking an entrepreneurial approach and key voice in the room providing advice to its growing Teams, Enterprise and Education (TEE) team in Austin, TX.
- Earthjustice, a nonprofit environmental law organization, is hiring for a Senior Counsel, Contracts and Compliance, to draft contracts and complete implementation of Ironclad, based in San Francisco, CA.
- El Pollo Loco, a quick service restaurant, is hiring for a Vice President, Deputy General Counsel responsible for providing strategic legal and business advice, based in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Peloton, an exercise and media company, is hiring for an Associate Commercial Counsel to advise internal clients and assist in managing outside counsel on marketing, advertising compliance and commercial transactions, as well as contracts and projects related to brand, advertising, and intellectual property development and protection.
- Procore, a construction project management software company, is seeking a Contracts Manager based in Carpinteria, CA, to draft, review, revise and negotiate a wide variety of inbound and outbound commercial and technology contracts. Bonus points for experience using Ironclad.
- Snap, Inc., a social media app, is hiring for a Product Counsel to collaborate with Engineering, Design and other teams throughout the company to guide the development of new Snap products and technologies, based in their Los Angeles, CA office.
- Zendesk, a customer service software platform, is hiring for a Senior Associate Corporate Counsel – Corporate and Securities based in San Francisco, CA to engage directly with executives across the company to understand company priorities and goals, trends and other issues facing employees and business.
Want more? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Ironclad is not a law firm, and this post does not constitute or contain legal advice. To evaluate the accuracy, sufficiency, or reliability of the ideas and guidance reflected here, or the applicability of these materials to your business, you should consult with a licensed attorney. Use of and access to any of the resources contained within Ironclad’s site do not create an attorney-client relationship between the user and Ironclad.
More stories from our team.