Check out the most clicked links in Ironclad’s September Community Newsletter Legal Matters. Want to access 100% of the content? Subscribe here.
How In-House Counsel Network in the New Normal
When I lost the ability to connect with people in-person six months ago, I was lost. Did I need to overcome my need to feel connected? Did I need to give up and go it alone? My answer was a resounding, “No.” I just needed to find a way forward in a new normal. – Lisa Lang
Hear how Kentucky State University’s General Counsel found her tribe even during shelter-in-place. Read more.
- Mai Tais and Leadership.Thanks to all who attended our networking event in partnership with the ACC San Francisco Bay Area. Attendees were treated to a virtual mixology class and fireside chat with Kevin Withane, a corporate lawyer who leads ethics and compliance at T.I. Fluid Systems.
- On the move: Shelby Angel was recently promoted to VP and General Counsel at Gold’s Gym. Tim Hirsch joins Kinship as its General Counsel. Jan Kang joins Stealth Security Startup as COO and General Counsel. Carl Roque joins Earthjustice as its new Senior Counsel of Contracts and Compliance.
- Dealmakers. Congrats to Kiki Haar, Diana Olin and the greater Sumo Logic Team and Eleanor Lacey, Ashlee Best, Rowan Reynolds and the greater Asana team for going public. Opendoor will follow shortly per its recent announcement. Chief Legal Officer Sharda Cara del Castillo just announced Affirm’s $500 million Series G round of funding led by GIC and Durable Capital.
Jobs From Our Community
Have an open role on your team? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll publish it in our next newsletter. Friends of Ironclad are hiring for the following roles:
- Blend, a digital lending platform, is looking for a Commercial Counsel based in San Francisco, CA, to report directly to the Lead Commercial and IP Counsel and support its commercial legal team as they advise internal clients on the various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related primarily to commercial transactions, privacy, and data security.
- Civis Analytics, a data science software and consultancy, is seeking a General Counsel based in Chicago, or remote flexible, to be a key contributor to its leadership team, oversee all aspects of the business, and lead and grow its “Justice League” — its highly driven, intellectually curious and business-friendly team that oversees legal, data protection and compliance strategy.
- Even, an on-demand pay platform, is hiring for a remote Associate General Counsel (Transactions and Corporate) to partner with stakeholders across the business, including the sales, marketing, finance, operations, human resources and leadership teams to support, guide and accelerate their go-to-market motion, financings, partnerships and governance.
- Facebook, a social media platform, is hiring for a Vice President & Associate General Counsel based in Menlo Park, CA, or Washington DC, to serve as a subject matter expert and resource for teams across the company in areas of civil rights and advise Facebook teams working on new technologies.
- Flynn Restaurant Group, the largest restaurant franchise (including Applebee’s, Taco Bell and Panera), is hiring for a Senior Counsel, Commercial Real Estate, based in San Francisco, CA.
- Lively, a modern HSA platform, is seeking a Senior Manager of Compliance to define and implement Lively’s compliance standards across all areas of the company based in San Francisco, CA.
- Lyft, a transportation technology company, has a number of roles in its San Francisco office (VP and Associate General Counsel, Product and Commercial; Employment Counsel; Senior Counsel, Commercial; and New York office (Regulatory Compliance Specialist; Senior Specialist, Regulatory Reporting).
- Niantic, an augmented reality mobile game software company, is hiring for a Commercial Counsel to negotiate, draft and review a wide variety of intellectual property and commercial contracts, based in San Francisco, CA.
- Peloton, an exercise and media company, is hiring for an Associate Counsel – Marketing and Licensing and an Associate Product Counsel based in New York, NY; and a Senior Paralegal, IP, based in Plano, TX or New York, NY.
- Picsart, an image editing, collage and drawing application, is hiring for a Corporate Counsel (Corporate, Securities, M&A) based in San Francisco, CA, and a Corporate Counsel (Employment/Litigation) based in New York City, NY.
- Procore, a construction project management software company based in Carpinteria, CA, is hiring for a number of remote roles, including Associate General Counsel, Corporate, Securities and M&A, Associate General Counsel, GTM and Director of Legal Operations.
- Thumbtack, an online service that matches customers with local professionals, is seeking a General Counsel (remote in San Francisco Bay Area until at least July 2021), to manage risk while enabling the business, build Thumbtack towards public company readiness, and build and manage a high performing Legal team.
Want more? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and BOND. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
More stories from our team.