Check out the most clicked links in Ironclad’s December Community Newsletter Legal Matters. Want to access 100% of the content? Subscribe here.
Meet the GC: Ryan Loh, VP of Legal at Bolt
As the first legal hire at five companies in Silicon Valley, Bolt VP of Legal Ryan Loh knows what it takes to build a legal team from scratch. Learn his playbook and what he’s prioritizing in 2021.
P.S. He’s hiring a senior counsel as lawyer #2. Scroll down to the jobs section! Read more.
From the GC: The Importance of Community
As the nation braces lockdowns to slow the spread of COVID during the holidays, it’s more important than ever to connect with others to help you get through. Kentucky State University GC Lisa Lang shares how to build your community of support. Read more.
Join us in welcoming new members Patrick Hicks (Head of Legal, Trust & Will), Courtney Hoyt (Sr. Counsel, Intuit), Brittany Leonard (Counsel, Civix), Ashley Lydon (Legal Ops, Univar Solutions), Krystal Kovac (Head of Legal, Oncor), Olivier Manigat (AGC, Hermann Miller), Mallory Michaelson (Legal Ops, University of North Texas), Mary O’Carroll (Director of Legal Ops, Google), Elizabeth Oney (Legal Ops, TransUnion), Jessica Patel (Contracts, eHealth), Grace Ray (Sr. Counsel, Bardavon Health), Mateo Sanchez (Legal Ops, Clorox), and Mialeeka Williams (GC, Kit Check).
What were your favorite takeaways from our session at CLOC Global Institute? Here are some crowd favorites:
- “Build a coalition. Lawyers get overwhelmed with data. So I made good friends in Finance.” – Akshay Verma, Facebook
- “Use a pareto chart and leverage the 80-20 rule to determine opportunities to optimize processes and spend.” – Brad Rogers, TIAA
- “Data can also show you what process you need to stop.” – Anushree Bagrodia, Mastercard
AccuWeather GC Jennifer Chung hosted a virtual wine tasting for newly minted GCs at companies like Just, Snap, Modern Health, Planful, Golub Capital and more. We also hosted a series of virtual Chef’s Nights in November to connect in-house counsel and legal ops leaders across the country.
Jobs From Our Community
General Counsel / Head of Legal
- Civis Analytics – General Counsel (Chicago, IL)
- Human Interest – Head of Legal (San Francisco, CA)
- Plaid – General Counsel (San Francisco, CA)
- Transfix – General Counsel (New York City, NY)
Legal Operations / Contracts
- Asana – Senior Legal Operations Analyst (San Francisco, CA)
- Atlassian – Head of Global Legal Ops (Remote)
- Github – Legal Operations Project Manager (Remote)
- Fivetran – Legal Operations Manager (Oakland, CA)
- Lyft – Contracts Manager (San Francisco, CA)
- Notion – Legal Operations Lead (San Francisco, CA)
- Procore – Senior Corporate Paralegal (Remote)
- Square – Legal Operations Analyst (San Francisco, CA)
- Twilio – Director of Legal Operations (Remote)
Corporate / Commercial Counsel (all levels)
- Accela – Legal Counsel (San Ramon, CA)
- Bolt – Senior Counsel (Remote)
- Branch – Commercial Counsel (Redwood City, CA / Remote)
- Carbon Health – Legal Counsel, Commercial Contracts (San Francisco, CA)
- Carvana – Associate Counsel, Intellectual Property (Phoenix, AZ)
- Confluent – Corporate Counsel and Legal Counsel (Mountain View, CA)
- FabFitFun – Commercial (or Sr.) Counsel – 2 openings (Los Angeles, CA)
- Greenhouse Software – Corporate Counsel (Remote)
- Lyft – Counsel, Litigation and Safety (Nashville, TN)
- Notion – Corporate Counsel – Product (San Francisco, CA)
- Snap, Inc – Commercial Counsel (Los Angeles, CA)
- ScaleAI – Commercial Counsel (San Francisco, CA)
- Snapdocs – Senior Commercial Counsel (Remote)
- Sumo Logic – Senior Counsel, Product & Privacy and Counsel, Commercial (Redwood City, CA)
- Twilio – Commercial Counsel (London, UK)
Internships for Law Students (NEW)
- Clorox – 2021 Summer Internship (Oakland, CA)
- Cloudflare – Legal Internship 2021 (San Francisco or Remote)
- Twitch – Legal Intern (San Francisco, CA)
See more jobs in product, privacy and more in our monthly newsletter, Legal Matters.
Want more? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and BOND. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
More stories from our team.