Check out the most clicked links in Ironclad’s August Community Newsletter Legal Matters. Want to access 100% of the content? Subscribe here.
Getting Defensive About Trademarks
Roku’s Senior Counsel, Lacy J. Lodes, recently led a Rooftop Law School session where she argued why trademarks can be so much more valuable than other IP assets.
She introduced the concept of defensive trademarks, urging lawyers in the room to get into the trenches with product and marketing teams to determine ways to differentiate their brand. With this collaborative approach, Legal can lead the way in thwarting counterfeiting and prevent others from taking advantage of its brand’s goodwill.
In the Spotlight: Douglas Luftman, GC at Nomis Solutions
Recently, Vanguard Magazine profiled Douglas Luftman, vice president, general counsel and secretary at the Silicon Valley fintech Nomis Solutions. Learn how he applies his depth of experience working in Silicon Valley as both a lawyer and engineer to partnering with the rest of the business. Read more.
- Facebook was recently fined $5 billion by the FTC for privacy violations. But the real pain points were in the non-monetary parts of the settlement, which literally changed the corporate structure of Facebook. DataLaw’s Privacy Director and Senior Counsel, Joshua de Larios-Heiman, walks through the entire settlement from start to finish. Listen to the podcast.
- Looking to join a fab and fun legal team? FabFitFun’s General Counsel, Chris Lipp, and Sr. Commercial Counsel, Elliot Rozenberg (pictured below with their legal team), are looking for new teammates to guide and advise one of the hottest women’s lifestyle brands. Scroll down to view the roles in our Jobs section.
Jobs From Our Community
Have an open role on your team? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll publish it in our next newsletter. Friends of Ironclad are hiring for the following roles:
- Bird, an electric scooter service based in Santa Monica, CA, has open roles for a Corporate Counsel, Privacy and Product, and Associate Corporate Counsel, Litigation.
- DoorDash, an on-demand restaurant food delivery service, has a number of open roles as they scale their business: Associate Commercial Counsel, Head of Corporate Legal, Head of Trust and Safety, Litigation Counsel, and Paralegal based in San Francisco, CA.
- Dropbox, a leading global collaboration platform, is hiring a Privacy Program Manager to support the operation of Dropbox’s Privacy Program.
- FabFitFun, an e-commerce and media company, is seeking a Corporate Counsel and Marketing and Privacy Counsel in Los Angeles, CA.
- Greenhouse, an ATS and recruiting solution based in New York City, NY, is hiring for a Corporate Counsel to lead the drafting and negotiation of a wide spectrum of commercial contract and provide legal support to enable cross-functional teams to hit their goals.
Nutanix, a cloud computing software company, is hiring for a Privacy Counsel to work with all teams across Nutanix to implement best practices for management and protection of personal information, and to develop, deploy and enforce appropriate policies and standards.
- Scratch, a fintech company based in San Francisco, CA is looking for a Risk and Compliance Lead and a Compliance Program Manager to help design a world-class mortgage servicing product in partnership with engineers, borrower operations operations, compliance and legal.
- Tapestry, the first New-York house of modern luxury lifestyle brands, is looking for an experienced Intellectual Property Project Manager/Paralegal to support the Coach, Kate Spade and Stuart Weitzman brands.
- Zocdoc, an online medical booking service, is hiring for a General Counsel who will serve as a strategic thought partner, legal advisor, and team member of the executive team.
- And more!
Want more? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
More about Ironclad
Ironclad is the leading digital contracting platform for legal teams. By streamlining contract workflows, from creation and approvals to compliance and insights, Ironclad frees legal to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. Ironclad is used by modern General Counsels and their teams at companies like Dropbox, AppDynamics and Fitbit to unlock the power of their contracts data. Ironclad was named one of the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world. The company is backed by investors like Accel, Sequoia, Y Combinator and Emergence Capital. To learn more, visit our homepage.
More stories from our team.