In this issue of Ironclad’s community e-news, we’re bringing you two new features: Good Reads and Jobs. We’ve curated a list of articles to help you stay updated, and scoured the web for opportunities for general and corporate counsel positions in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City.
- Meet Jennifer Pileggi
- Let Them Eat Cake! — Thursday, June 14
- Case of the Corporate Raider (Revlon) — Thursday, June 28
- Good Reads
- General Counsel Openings
- A Round-up of Our Events
- We Want to Hear From You!
Join us in congratulating Jennifer Pileggi, senior vice president, and general counsel at Zuora, Inc. for being named as one of the Most Influential Women in Business for 2018 by the San Francisco Business Times! We’re proud of Jennifer and appreciate her outstanding service on Ironclad’s advisory board, on which she’s served since 2016. Read more.
Let Them Eat Cake! — Thursday, June 14
Join Ironclad for this #Pride edition of Rooftop Law School to discuss the Supreme Court’s ruling in favor of a Colorado baker who had refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. (Yes, we will be eating cake!) RSVP Now
Case of the Corporate Raider (Revlon) — Thursday, June 28
Alex Haskell, Corporate Counsel of M&A and Investments at Salesforce, will cover Revlon vs. MacAndrews Forbes Holdings, Inc., which resulted in a landmark decision for hostile takeovers. RSVP Now
Where: Ironclad, 188 King Street at Third Street, Suite #302
Who: You don’t need a law degree to enjoy Rooftop Law — grab a co-worker or friend and join us for drinks and a lively, nerdy discussion.
- Stay current. In May, SCOTUS decided two cases: Collins v. Virginia, in which the justices held 8–1 that the automobile exception to the warrant requirement does not permit a warrantless search of a motorcycle parked in the driveway of a home; and Lagos v. United States, in which the Court decided that private investigation costs and costs related to civil or bankruptcy proceedings are not compensable under the Mandatory Victims Restitution Act. And on June 4, the Supreme Court’s decided on Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd., v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission. Learn about it at our next Rooftop Law School or here on the SCOTUS blog.
- Can the US search data overseas? Craig Newman writes about it in the NYT.
- Harvey Weinstein went to prison on rape charges, and could stand trial. Read the legal case for (and against) prison time in The Hollywood Reporter.
- M&A. Is your company thinking of acquiring another one? Make sure you do your due diligence with these questions put together by the Harvard Business Review.
- Learn the legal issues of engaging a social media influencer and earn MCLE while you’re at it! Register for this webinar.
General Counsel Openings
- Ambisafe (San Francisco, CA)
- Cytokinetics (San Francisco, CA)
- Callisto (San Francisco, CA)
- Datavant (San Francisco, CA)
- Ember Technologies (Westlake, CA)
- Getaround (San Francisco, CA)
- Khan Academy (Mountain View, CA)
- Marqeta (Oakland, CA)
- Metal Pay (San Francisco, CA)
- Mighty (New York City, NY)
- SquareTrade (San Francisco, CA)
- Updater (New York City, NY)
Or consider these:
- CBS Corporation, Assistant General Counsel (Los Angeles, CA)
- NBA, Associate Counsel — League Governance and Policy (New York City, NY)
- New York Times, Counsel — Intellectual Property and Contracts (New York City, NY)
- OpenX, Corporate Counsel (Pasadena, CA)
- The Treehouse, Corporate Counsel (Los Angeles, CA)
May and early June were busy! Thank you to all who attended our Rooftop Law School (Antitrust 101), RBG Movie Night, and Community Dinner.
More about Ironclad
Ironclad is the leading digital contracting platform for legal teams. By streamlining contract workflows, from creation and approvals to compliance and insights, Ironclad frees legal to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. Ironclad is used by modern General Counsels and their teams at companies like Dropbox, AppDynamics and Fitbit to unlock the power of their contracts data. Ironclad was named one of the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world. The company is backed by investors like Accel, Sequoia, Y Combinator and Emergence Capital. To learn more, visit our homepage.
More stories from our team.