Check out the most clicked links in Ironclad’s October Community Newsletter Legal Matters. Want to access 100% of the content? Subscribe here.
Meet the GC: Deanna Sheridan, Spartan Race
This month we’re excited to introduce you to Deanna Sheridan, General Counsel, Vice President and Corporate Secretary at Spartan Race, a global leader in obstacle course races. As an endurance runner and someone fascinated by the brand, Deanna saw Spartan as a dream role. Learn how she’s partnering with the business to evolve Spartan Race into a lifestyle brand. Read more.
From Dealbreaker to Dealmaker: What We Learned at ACC’s Deal or No Deal
There’s a perception that Legal is where contracts go to die. The reality is modern legal teams are dealmakers who are empowering their sales teams to generate revenue responsibly.
On Nov. 7, Optimizely’s senior legal counsel, Halsey Bertenthal, and Namely’s contract operations advisor, Cecile Quesada, joined Ironclad’s general counsel, Chris Young, at the ACC San Francisco Bay Area’s annual Deal or No Deal conference to share practical tips for aligning legal and sales processes to facilitate company growth. Read insights.
- On the move: Congrats to Sophia Shao, Legal Counsel at Udacity, and Ben Lee, VP and General Counsel at Reddit. If you’re looking for a new role, scroll down to our jobs section to find opportunities at companies like Plaid.
- If you missed Ironclad’s inaugural Sunrise Counsel event on “Late Stage Equity Compensation Issues and Trends” with Carta GC Michael Wu, Flyhomes EVP and GC Mark Lee, and Fenwick Partner Shawn Lampron, view the recording here.
- Thanks to L’Oréal AVP and Advertising Attorney Elyssa Dunleavy, Fitbit Contracts Negotiator Jane Elphick and Procore AGC Logan Maley for joining a panel discussion with Ironclad GC Chris Young at ACC’s Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ. We also hosted a Community Dinner and evening tour at the Desert Botanical Garden for members including FabFitFun counsel Kiara Williams and Alex Chai, Zynga Sr. Commercial Counsel Matt Lubniewski and others.
Jobs From Our Community
Have an open role on your team? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll publish it in our next newsletter. Friends of Ironclad are hiring for the following roles:
- AppDynamics, an application performance monitoring solution that provides real-time visibility and insight into IT environments, is looking to add a Senior Corporate Counsel and Associate Director of Legal in San Francisco, CA.
- Impossible Foods, a company that develops plant-based substitutes for meat products, is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to work on everything from negotiating contracts, to corporate governance, executive compensation and stock matters, and international subsidiary management.
- Plaid, a payments infrastructure provider, is hiring for a General Counsel to build, manage and lead a high-performing Legal team in San Francisco, CA.
- Scratch, a fintech company based in San Francisco, CA, is looking for a Risk and Compliance Lead to help design a world-class mortgage servicing product in partnership with engineers, borrower operations, compliance and legal.
Want more? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and BOND. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
More stories from our team.