The Gamechangers in Professional Sports
Meet some of the most powerful and influential women in sports right now—game-changers who are excelling in an industry historically dominated by men. You’ll hear about their unique paths to leadership, get their top advice for strategically guiding the business, and learn best practices for advancing.
Sign up for our newsletter to get invited to upcoming events.
Here are some learnings from the conversation:
- Figure out why you want to move up and the motivation behind it. The further along you get in your career, the less it becomes about you and the more it becomes about the people in the organizations that you are serving. Figure out your own motivations and whether it adds value to your organization and supports the people around you.
- Preparation is key to confidence. The number one thing you can do to tackle important meetings with confidence is to do your research beforehand and know your audience.
- Your job is not to get rid of the butterflies, but to make them fly in formation. The trick over time is to figure out how to harness your nerves and direct them towards a good product.
- Build teams of other leaders. A critical skill for a leader is listening. Listening to your teams, understanding what it is that they need and putting your assumptions aside and opening your ears to take in the feedback from your team and combine it with your expertise.
- Hire a diverse group of people. Not only is it the right thing to do, seeking diverse perspectives is also imperative to the success of your business. Don’t hire people who are exactly like yourself or others in the organization so you can round out folks who see things the way you might not.